Sunday, August 31, 2008

Death should be your friend.

I've always wondered how it would be like to just get myself injured so bad that I'm struggling just to keep my heart to pump oxygen through my body. To be going in and out consciousness. To feel the warmth escaping from my body till it becomes just an empty shell, devoid of life, of a soul.

Sometimes I wonder how it feels like to die. As in the experience of dying itself. To know that you're leaving this god forsaken world and to another place, a better place perhaps. Too bad that we can only die once and not twice. If we could die twice, I'm sure the second time around would be much more sweeter and smoother in its transition.

People have always regarded death as a bad thing. That's because they are still clinging on to their materiality, refusing to let go. In fact, death is a good thing. Death is what everybody on earth is aiming for, heading towards. So why resist it? Why do we try so hard to come up with medicine, better health care and insurance policies? We should just let nature run its course and embrace death. Be happy that you are chosen in that moment in time to undergo an experience that is unique to you and you only.

I'm not being emo or anything of the sort, I just think that death should be something to be celebrated, and not mourned. That's all. Cheerios!

No comments: