Monday, August 18, 2008

Acceptance...?

I keep thinking that it just couldn't happen to me, that I was safe from such things. I guess I was wrong. I was wrong to think of it that way and now, pay back's a bitch.

We humans are social creatures. We seek comfort, shelter and acceptance from others such as ourselves. We try to get to know one another better, slowly digging up facts about each other, exchanging life experiences. We feel as though over the years we would come to fully understand each other, to know exactly how the other would act, react in a situation. But can we really do that? Can we as humans ever achieve to fully understand another human? We who pride ourselves in our high advancements in technology and science, will we ever understand each other? Every year without fail, companies and research institutes would come up with new gadgets to make the world smaller, to ensure that everyone stays connected to each other no matter where they are.

HA HA HA HA. How stupid can we be?

We humans would never ever be able to understand each other even with the myriad of devices we have at our fingertips. Why can't we just learn that we humans are nothing but sorry excuses of animals in this world? We try so hard to change everything in this world, to make everything customizable, to have choices. We try so hard to know the other party better but in turn, we do not do the same. We hide our true selves for fear of alienation and abandonment. In turn, we lie. We lie about who we are. We put up facades so no one would be able to reach into our souls and fully understand our lives. If that were the case, then why bother trying? Why do we bother even trying to get to know the other party when we know deep in our subconscious that all that we are receiving are lies, nothing more than just hearsay?

In this world, we can never ever fully know somebody. In fact, we don't even know ourselves that well. I'm sure there has been many situations in which you would tell yourself, "I didn't know I can do that.". So what makes us think we can hope to know other people when we do not fully understand ourselves? Is it our selfish foolish pride, of wanting to have a reason for everything? To ensure that we do not live a life full of uncertainties?

That is the reason why we humans fail to evolve, to understand of what is truly important. I myself don't understand me that well. So what makes you think I can understand you?

No comments: