Sunday, February 08, 2009

Random excerpts of writing from my mind

Two souls, impossible they said
Destined to live on crossroads
Allowed not for them to intertwine
Forever casting furtive glances

Shadows cast over them
Shrouding them, enveloping them
One cries out, screaming even
A sick, stabbing pain felt by the other

Struggling to take control
Grasping madly at the air
Erratic breaths, irregular pulse
Eyes closed, the pain subsides

No use for words this time
Things will never change
As ardent as they hope to be
A future for them lives in the imaginary

*****************************************

"It's not my fault," she said
"I didn't mean for all of this to happen"
"Sure, you didn't mean it," I said
"But the hurt still remained the same"

The line went dead, as did my heart. I told myself, "Perhaps it would've been best that it turned out the way it did.". As bad as I wanted to console myself, to relieve the ache in my heart, I know that things would never be the same. My feelings, my thoughts were irrevocably changed. No longer thinking the thoughts I had, doing the stuff that I did and no longer feeling the way I felt. A part of me just died.

I felt my heart beating impatiently, anticipating for something to happen. I wondered to myself, "What was there to hope for? Everything that I had built up for three years, are now reduced to ashes. Scattered fragments lying motionless on the ground. Stepped on, ridiculed.".

I placed the receiver back onto its cradle. I went to the bathroom to wash my face, to wash off my worries. Hopefully find a fresh new perspective as I stare myself in the bathroom mirror. Felt nothing. My heart had gone as cold as the bathroom sink, unable to feel. I noticed a day's worth of stubble lay unshaven. I grabbed the shaver and started shaving. A wrongly placed stroke of the shaver ended up with me having a gash on my chin. I didn't feel any pain. I felt ecstatic, euphoric even.

Laughing to myself, I grasped the shaver ever more tightly in my hand as I placed the edge on my wrist. Perhaps if I produce a deep enough cut there, I could go into a deeper state of euphoria. I looked at myself in the mirror once again and I smiled.

The end is just the beginning, or so they say.

*************************************************

As I cupped her chin within my hand, she stared longingly into my eyes; diving deep into the realms of my soul. I could feel the heat emanating from the gaze she cast upon me, the proximity of our bodies slowly escalating the temperature around us. My ears, attuned to the surroundings, could very well hear the rapid beating of her heart which accompanied those of mine.

As our lips met for the first time, I felt an amazing rush of adrenaline surging through my body, exploding the senses. For the next few minutes, everything felt electrified. Every fiber of my being were on ends as I opened up the core of my heart and soul, lavishing everything in its entirety upon the person in front of me.

Not stopping once to get a breath, I eased her downwards slowly, savoring every moment possible. Once she was fully laid down, I pushed myself up, breaking contact from her lips for the first time in what seemed like forever. I looked down and smiled ever so mischievously at her,

"Will this be your first time doing this kind of thing?"
"Ahh, umm, yes..?"
"Don't worry sweets, I'm gonna take real good care of you. You'll enjoy it, trust me on that one."

No comments: