Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Friends....?

Friends. I can say that I have a lot of friends. But of all of my friends, who can I say is a true friend?

A true friend to me is someone who cheers me up when I'm down. A true friend is someone who will tell me if something that I have done is stupid and I should stop repeating it. A true friend is someone I can rely on, someone to whom I can confide my secrets with.

Throughout these years that I have been alive, a lot of people who claim to be my friends are gone from my life. Not bothering to contact me anymore, or updating me in regards to certain news. Soon I realized, that the only friends I can rely on or even trust, could be counted off on my fingers. Through the hundreds of people that I have met and befriended, only a few of these people I truly consider as being a friend. It's really sad. Sad in the sense that people keep taking each other for granted.

Nowadays, I find it really difficult to even trust someone. You never know just when they might turn their back on you. I guess the only way to know if you are a true friend is when you have gone through thick and thin together.

Sometimes I just feel as though these people who claim to be friends, puts on a facade just so that other people might not view them as being arrogant and all. They start being nice and all in front of you and next thing you know, they're bitching about you behind your back. Fuck that.

What they do not realize is that, they have just got to let go. Screw everything they know about friendship and just begin from scratch. Learn and explore new ways of bringing truth the word "friendship".

No comments: